Sunday, May 23, 2010

When I read your words.
























As a writer,
you
are
Like a butterfly, you
gracefully dance through life
capturing its essence in a few
words.
Twisting and turning you allow
the generic to become unique
the lonely to become breath taking
words to become worlds,
ideas,
moments.
You measure time with a piece of paper
in your mind
instants are continuous,
momentous,
lifechanging.
seconds minutes hours blend
they can be lived and relived
emotions running wild
thoughts in overdrive
you're a maker of magic
because you stop time.
and hold it in the palm of your hand.



As a moth
i look on
aware of our differences
accepting that beauty takes many forms.

4 comments:

starbrained said...

I just read your comment on Shades of Green and Gray and I'm so touched. This is one of the kindest things that another blogger has ever done. Thank you. It means a lot.

P.s. I am Me. said...

Thank you Lilah :) I agree with Some Girl.
I'm proud to be even a small a part of the reason why you wrote this.
Its beautiful.

Áine said...

'accepting that beauty takes many forms'

Thats beautiful :)

P.s. I am Me. said...

Yeah, I've read Before I die, it's a great book. I agree - beautiful and sad and inspirational.
It scares me too, it gives me the same sort of feeling when I think of space and heaven and infinity, and I try to understand it, to imagine, and I get this feeling of panic in my chest.
It's like I can't even begin to comprehend these things.
That's what also scares me.