Tuesday, April 8, 2014

6 things I should tell you but haven't



1. You are giving me growing pains. I have stretch marks showing up, on my hips, lips, thighs. I never knew I could be this much.

2. I'm sorry for all my past and future mistakes. I am still getting the hang of this. I want to be better.

3. Sometimes my stomach hurts when you kiss me. Being with you scares me. You are miles away from my comfort zone.

4. Last night you told me you loved me for the first time, during a drunken fight. You're an idiot. I love you. I've loved you for weeks. I can't remember what it's like not to love you.

5. I write and rewrite texts to you. It has been months and I still can't control myself. I will not stop trying for you.

6. You still leave me speechless. I can't remember how to string words together because all I can think of is your lips. I have tried writing two dozen poems about you. None did you justice.




3 comments:

Erimentha said...

Sounds like you have someone really special Lilah, I'm glad they've told you they love you. Please hold onto that, be kind to yourself and keep going with your fight towards recovery/happiness/peace/contentment! (: xx

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing something so special. This made me smile.

kayla said...

something like that can never be explained as much as we try. but this is gorgeous and close enough. :)