Saturday, August 7, 2010

Night Terrors.

.
.
.

Words
Pounding
In my head
on my skull

thump
thump
thump

Begging
to be let in out
probably out

Silence.
that's all i want
The dull reverberating neverending drone
of silence
do you understand?
these words are becoming too much
they crush my lungs
suffocating me
they cower in the pit of my being
like monsters
scrambling over one another
ferocious lonely crazed
they turn on one another
and attack
desperate hungry
for freedom for an escape.

when, suddenly-
there
a glimmer
a light of opening, a hope of shaft.

but they're over eager
instead of catapulting into the abyss
emerging
swift and meaningful
they trip
slip
slide
clumsily on my parted lips
they stumble and fall
proving there's no point

believe me
i have the words
i just can't express the meanings
so instead i battle
with the thump
thump
thumping of words
that cannot be expressed


















photo.   

No comments: