Sunday, June 26, 2011

Awake

I want things again.
Plural.
And I really want them, I care about them, I have enough energy to try and get them.
So this is about all the things I want, to remind me if I ever forget again.


I want to dye my hair hot pink
Dark-red-hair_large
I want to appreciate people and personalities
20080520153300
I want to finish the HSC and do well, not because I need to but so I can be proud of myself
Tumblr_ljwzx7zfqc1qayvd5o1_500_large
I want to kiss someone who I actually care about
and when I do I don't want to be numbed
Tumblr_llzcsbrigo1qi71nko1_500_large
I want to act
Tumblr_lkyzw4pp6i1qzdnjwo1_400_large
I want to read
Tumblr_ln9ogqqjci1qbj8aso1_500_large
I want to write
Tumblr_lkzn3xfmlj1qcebqo_large
I want to travel
Tumblr_lm88oq7zmi1qko4tso1_500_large
I want to meet people
Tumblr_ljjk7ki6ge1qe2yw8o1_500_large
I want to experience
Tumblr_ln3u0cvncm1qf3x9wo1_500_large
I want to fight for who and what I believe in
Tumblr_lm1fwuzotl1qbmb0do1_500_large
even if that means breaking the rules sometimes
Tumblr_llc6jsc2c61qzwd5oo1_500_large
I really want to remember the inherent goodness of humanity
even if it's hard to see sometimes
Tumblr_kwcf8wcoje1qzz0qzo1_500_large
And honestly, part of me
wants to go back
but not for a bit
Tumblr_lghpffqd6b1qzynaro1_500_large
And until then, I want to remind others about what I so easily forgot
Tumblr_licmsjlql91qaedy9o1_500_large
photos.  
Thank you for everything
You all helped me a lot.

2 comments:

P.s. I am Me. said...

You're right. I think she has. I just hoped that she hadn't entirely given up on love, because of us who do love her. But I don't think she sees that.
I worry about her, I worry about her a lot. And I hate this hopeless feeling of not knowing what you can do and not knowing what is enough.
I don't know if there is anything we could do to give her something to fight for. And that scares me.

P.s. I am Me. said...

I did write the message, and I hoped it would help, even just a tiny bit. And you don’t have to feel like that at all. You took that leap to leave that place that you were in and I hope that Bella will someday soon be able to do the same thing. It is up to her to get better, and I know that she doesn’t really want that right now. It’s just hard to sit back and watch something like this happen, especially while not knowing what to do about it – or how to help. I did read the post, and I agree that the little things are what count and I think that it is the most that we can probably do at the moment. I just don’t want to be one of those people who sit back and watch this terrible thing unfold all the while trying to reassure myself that ‘she’ll get better’ or that ‘maybe it’s just a phase,’ because if something did happen to her then I would feel all the guilt in the world for not doing something about it. I’m not sure how to go about acknowledging it because I guess telling someone else about it, who could maybe help, could end up backfiring and making her regret telling anyone and pushing away whomever she has left. I do worry too much, I wish I could stop but there’s just too much these days that people don’t take seriously, and I worry that if I do the same thing, something that I told myself wouldn’t happen, will.
I'm glad that you're in a better place than before.
I worried about you too.