Tuesday, March 8, 2011

grip

I thought that afterwards, it would feel different
lighter, somehow.
Like this great weight had been lifted off my shoulders and now
i could almost float away with this release.

Instead, my footfalls were heavier.
In a way, it was better;
no longer did i struggle to hold myself together.
There was suddenly, this stability, a solidity that was not there before
and i felt for once that i did not need to continually reel myself together, slowly winding my thoughts back up and neatly tucking them away into the recesses of my internal body.

3 comments:

Ruth said...

It's written pretty good, but the picture is a bit... scary? O, and kind of depressing too.

Ever said...

Very sad... I am now following you! I looove the little phrase at the top of the page. It is so true.
xxx

Melee said...

I... can identify with this so much right now. The writing... and yes, sadly, the picture.
(I don't know what you're going through right now or even if you are going through something. But if you ever need to talk, I am here. Feel free to email me. Because being alone with some things just gets to be too much sometimes.)