Friday, March 25, 2011

twins


 
i.
you look at me with dual faces they take me places
i don't want to go
your words wrap around each other, juxtaposed to their brother
twisting their meanings to your smile.
it is so wearing to tell which face you are wearing
today, to whom i am telling my thoughts.
I love you but only part of you
and aren't lovers meant to love all
 
 
ii.
it doesn't matter. we are identical
when i look in the mirror i wonder who i will be
today, and i wonder who
is wondering those thoughts.
i wander aimlessly through volleys of motions,
valleys of emotions
i have no ultimate.
only guilt for this affliction i force on you
on you who love me
part of me - even lovers can't love every part
 
 
iii.
you and me, we are identical
in that our faces aren't                                               
 

7 comments:

Some kind of courage. said...

first time by your blog. And I'm in love!
I will visit often! xo

Francesca said...

this is beauty. I love the rhyme and rhythm.

Melee said...

Oh, I love this! Twins of the soul are such wonderful things.

Mammalicious said...

i'm new to your blog yet i'm mesmerized by how your write. i'll keep you in my blog roll. thanks for sharing

Erimentha said...

too good, xoxo

Sheilagh Lee said...

twins of the soul great poem

trisha said...

do you have a twin? the trio is perfect for twins i believe.

trisha
http://sharmishthabasu.wordpress.com/2011/03/24/identical-yet-dual-for-3ww-n-truth-peace-24-3-11/