Thursday, March 3, 2011

it's not me it's you (open your eyes)


thereisadarkness
insidemy
head;thatihave
nocontrolover
it stirs in me
tracing my ribs with enticing
tendrils
lovinglystrokingmyskull
pulsing its way toward my centre
binding itself around my heart.
(it'ssmokeandiron)
ifyoulook closely
you can
see it,
in the hollows
(beneath) my eyes
shade and light manipulated into
puffypuffypuffiness

ifyoulook closely
you can
see it,
in the curves
of my lips
after they have halted from their never-ending chatter
happyhappyhappyhappyhappyjokelaugh

ifyoulook closely
you can
see it,
in the blotches
in my skin;
in the edges of
my appearance;
the bite of my speech;
the shortness of my fuse;
how much i fight
appetite
words i write
i'mlosingsight

ifyoulook closely
you can
see it,
but noone does.

No comments: