Sunday, May 15, 2011

Excerpt #7

1043075-11-1305210731314_large
She hadn't eaten anything for breakfast. That's the first thing you need to know.
And she was sad, that's the second.
That morning she had looked into the speckled mirror. She had taken her eyeliner and -hypnotised- drawn a curved line beneath each eye. She had smudged them until they blended with the real shadows under her eyes, the soft ones. Until she looked as tired and as unwell as she felt. After that, she had smiled.

Later, she walked to the bus-stop. The air was cold, it slipped past her many layers, seeped into her chest. The wind streamed through her ribs, tore inside of her. She felt like she had no body. She felt insubstantial. She decided it was better than the other feelings.

After the novelty had worn off, she would tire of it. She always does.

5 comments:

Eden-Joy said...

I love this so very much.

Anonymous said...

oh my, this sums up precisely how i am feeling, xo

Erimentha said...

I love this very much. I want to write it in my diary. This post is one of those ones you read and think, GOD I wish I could write that well!

xxxxxx

Ever said...

I hardly ever comment on here, but I hope you realize how far I fallen in love with your words.
xxx

starbrained said...

i love your excerpts