Sunday, May 29, 2011

Letterhead #10

Tumblr_ldzwt0jdj41qa94sno1_500_large

Dear writer, reader, blogger,
I have a question.

When are you going to realise
That you aren't going to be saved?
By your parents
By Jesus
By faith and hope and love
By the system
By your blossoming future
By a girl
By a boy.

That you will wilt
And shrivel and wither
That you will die
Drown in your loneliness
In your despair.
That you can't rely on anyone else
Anything else.

Or, alternately
When are you going to realise that you can save yourself?

5 comments:

Jokerman said...

I like this one. :)

Dandalily said...

"When are you going to realise that you can save yourself." You are my inspiration. I love how honest you are when you blog, you don't ever sugar coat anything and I hope you never stop. <3

katherine said...

that is precisely it. we cant rely on people to save us. we have to do the work. this post - especially the picture - was beautiful.
keep writing! (:

starbrained said...

when you feel like you're drowning, you have to learn to swim.

Vimmu said...

I love this.